24.11.15

Sleep talking

My mind is very active when I go to sleep. This is the second night running where I have been woken up by my wife because of my ramblings as I sleep. I'm not sure why I do this but last night apparently I said "I can't be bothered to make a cup of tea". I then woke up and my wife gave me a cuddle before I went back to sleep. I have such an understanding wife.

I haven't got much planned for today. I want to practice the guitar, maybe record some of it. In a perfect situation I want to maybe continue writing a song I started years ago. It's called "Thirty Something Nothing". I started to write it when the idea of being 30 years old seemed like a distant thing. Now I'm 31. The song is about someone who is in their thirties and they've still not achieved anything concrete. I remember when I was writing it that I was worried in case it happened to me.

Now thinking about it, I don't think that I can write it, at least not in the way I wanted to. It might come across as sneery as I know a few 30+ year olds who still live with their parents etc. I'll have to rethink it.

No comments:

Post a Comment