21.11.15

Music without the motives

I am really happy with the way things are going with my guitar practice. I'm pleased that I seem to be improving each day that I play and it's a joy when a half forgotten snippet pops back into my head. I guess there is something that can be said about muscle memory. I was practising last night and my hand started to play "Day Tripper" by the Beatles. How mad is that?

I'm looking forward to perhaps starting to write new music and maybe record some too. It's a lot of fun and one of the main reasons why I enjoy playing the guitar and pretending to be a musician.

I especially like the fact that I am doing this completely for pleasure this time around. I'm a man with a life. I know I'm not going to sell any music or ever perform in front of anyone. It's liberating. I don't even intend to upload anything I do record. It takes pressure off me. My goal in this resurgence of my old alter-ego is to have one of my songs on vinyl. I also want to collaborate with someone from a different genre. Other than that, it's all for me.

I've also set up this blog to cross post from my normal blog so all my "playing the guitar" stuff can all be in one place.

No comments:

Post a Comment